Connecting the bilateral business community
The Australia China Business Council (ACBC) is a membership-based, non-profit, non-governmental organisation comprising of a National Office, six Branches, and more than 1500 representatives from over 700 Australian companies who do business with China.
Founded in 1973, ACBC actively promotes two-way trade and investment, and economic cooperation and understanding, between the business communities of Australia and China.
ACBC plays an influential role as an advisor to the Australian Government on commercial relations with China. We are a strong supporter of a comprehensive Free Trade Agreement between Australia and China to foster more competitive business in both nations.
With a National Office plus six Branch Offices in New South Wales, Northern Territory, Queensland, South Australia, Western Australia and Victoria, ACBC provides regular business-focused activities for our members. We also sponsor a series of national events each year which include a day of networking in Canberra to meet with Australian Government Ministers and senior officials, and the annual China Oration given by an outstanding Australian or international China expert.
The Australia China Business Council has close links with expatriate groups in China, as well as with Chinese groups and officials, and leads trade missions to China from time to time.
The main objectives of ACBC are to:
- Provide information programs and opportunities for the Australian business community to network on China business activities with their peers;
- Host events with senior contacts within the Australian and Chinese Governments;
- Represent members’ views to Australian and Chinese policy makers and act as a conduit between governments and the Australian business community;
- Support the promotion of Australia's commercial interests in China;
- Develop and maintain a high level of support for the Council’s activities from the Australian and Chinese governments and collaborate in relevant government-initiated programs; and
- Promote business education programs on how to do business in China.
The National Chairman is the spokesperson for the Australia China Business Council. For more information or any media enquiries, please contact the National Secretariat.
- Rio Tinto
- Accor Hotels
- ASIPAC Group
- Atlas Iron Limited
- BHP Billiton
- Clayton Utz
- HRL Limited
- Huawei Technologies
- ONCALL Commercial Interpreters & Translators
- QR National
CONNECT WITH 700+ MEMBERS
Members gain access to some 700 ACBC member companies via our online membership directory.
- 26 February 2014
ACBC Financial Report for FY 2013
- 12 February 2014
AUSTRALIA-CHINA BUSINESS COUNCIL ENTERS LANDMARK COOPERATION AGREEMENT
- 11 February 2014
ACBC Chinese New Year Gala Dinner 2014
- China Business Drinks, Sydney
13 March 2014
Fourth Floor, Hotel CBD, Cnr King and York Streets
- SME Workshop: What's your China Strategy?
21 March 2014
Level 13, Gateway, 1 Macquarie Place, Sydney, 2000
- Agribusiness Cooperation Conference - Australia China (Department of Agriculture and Food)
9 April 2014 - 11 April 2014
- 2014 Australia China Food Summit
23 May 2014
Sheraton on the Park,
- Universal Engineering (NT) Pty Ltd
UE is a fabrication / welding / machining house accredited to ISO9001:2000 by DNV and to EN729 ISO3834 by TWI/WTIA and EWF.
- Hall & Wilcox
Hall & Wilcox is a full-service commercial law firm based in Melbourne. Our practice areas include mergers and acquisitions, corporate and commercial law, taxation, banking and finance, intellectual property and information technology law, employment law, migration law, property and environment law, litigation and insurance.
- Clayton Utz
Clayton Utz is the premier legal firm in the Northern Territory and a leading commercial law firm in the Asia-Pacific region.