Connecting the bilateral business community
The Australia China Business Council (ACBC) is a membership-based, non-profit, non-governmental organisation comprising of a National Office, six Branches, and more than 1500 representatives from over 700 Australian companies who do business with China.
Founded in 1973, ACBC actively promotes two-way trade and investment, and economic cooperation and understanding, between the business communities of Australia and China.
ACBC plays an influential role as an advisor to the Australian Government on commercial relations with China. We are a strong supporter of a comprehensive Free Trade Agreement between Australia and China to foster more competitive business in both nations.
With a National Office plus six Branch Offices in New South Wales, Northern Territory, Queensland, South Australia, Western Australia and Victoria, ACBC provides regular business-focused activities for our members. We also sponsor a series of national events each year which include a day of networking in Canberra to meet with Australian Government Ministers and senior officials, and the annual China Oration given by an outstanding Australian or international China expert.
The Australia China Business Council has close links with expatriate groups in China, as well as with Chinese groups and officials, and leads trade missions to China from time to time.
The main objectives of ACBC are to:
- Provide information programs and opportunities for the Australian business community to network on China business activities with their peers;
- Host events with senior contacts within the Australian and Chinese Governments;
- Represent members’ views to Australian and Chinese policy makers and act as a conduit between governments and the Australian business community;
- Support the promotion of Australia's commercial interests in China;
- Develop and maintain a high level of support for the Council’s activities from the Australian and Chinese governments and collaborate in relevant government-initiated programs; and
- Promote business education programs on how to do business in China.
The National Chairman is the spokesperson for the Australia China Business Council. For more information or any media enquiries, please contact the National Secretariat.
- Rio Tinto
- Accor Hotels
- CQ University
- ASIPAC Group
- Atlas Iron Limited
- BHP Billiton
- Clayton Utz
- HRL Limited
- Huawei Technologies
- ONCALL Commercial Interpreters & Translators
- QR National
- Roxby Media
PROMOTE YOUR BUSINESS
All members are free to showcase their business by creating a comprehensive online member profile.
- 9 October 2013
ACBC Meets with Ambassador Ma Zhaoxu
- 18 September 2013
China's First Free Trade Zone - What does it mean for Australia?
- 4 September 2013
Private Screening - 'Red Obsession' with Co-Director, David Roach
- China Magnesium Corporation Limited
CMC holds a 75% interest in Shanxi Luyuan Magnesium Company Ltd (Shanxi JV Company), which owns a 100% interest in a magnesium ingot production operation in the Shanxi province of north eastern China.
- DDEEDS Pty Ltd
DDEEDS scope of work covers all aspects of vehicle inspection, repair and maintenance, from regular planned servicing for preventative maintenance, including individual component repair to complete overhauls from the chassis up.
Guppytraders.com is an international financial market education and training organisation with offices in Darwin, Singapore, and Beijing.